The New River Gorge Regional Development Authority (NRGRDA) is seeking a Program Coordinator to support the development of the Planning and Accelerating Textile Technology and Entrepreneurship Regional Network (PATTERN), the first ever Southern WV-based Outdoor Industry Textiles Incubation lab. PATTERN will fill the needed textiles prototyping gaps for the outdoor industry created by the most recent announcement of the Nation’s Newest National Park and Preserve and the WVU Tech’s Outdoor Adventure Sports program of study.
The mission of the New River Gorge Regional Development Authority (NRGRDA) is to initiate and support the community and economic development efforts within the counties of Fayette, Nicholas, Raleigh, and Summers located in the New River Gorge region of West Virginia. The successful candidate will coordinate community outreach, needs assessments, support for program development, and will support entrepreneurs throughout their utilization of PATTERN resources. This position will begin as contracted work with the opportunity to move into an AmeriCorps VISTA position.
- Identify and engage local industry partners and resources – Coordinator will work with NRGRDA leadership and partners to identify industry partners and resources.
- Identify and manage opportunities to support entrepreneurs and existing businesses – Utilizing knowledge provided through training, conferences, and partners, the Coordinator will support a small group of businesses through product and business development.
- Support development of education programming – Coordinator will support expansion of the cut and sew education system to develop local resources for workforce needs.
- Coordinator will support in identifying advanced manufacturing opportunities and developing the partnerships and resources needed to advance them.
- Develop community outreach program that includes social media content to be utilized by contracted media company.
- Coordination and oversight of community outreach to existing industry and potential partners.
- Develop and implement social media program for promotion of PATTERN events and offerings.
- Plan and facilitate at least two industry roundtables per year for networking and industry development.
- Develop sustainable procedure for tracking and sharing collected community and industry information.
- Attend industry training opportunities, conferences, and regularly meet with industry partners.
- Work with national, state, and regional partners to identify workforce opportunities.
- Support logistics and implementation of industrial sewing certification program.
- Work with local higher education programs to support student involvement in PATTERN and further develop advanced manufacturing opportunities.
- Attend higher education events to share the work and mission of PATTERN.
- Identify and record opportunities for advanced textile manufacturing.
- Provide collaborative support to enhance achievement of NRGRDA’s 5-year strategic plan and Business Development goals
- Fosters professional interactions, networking, and professional growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Performance Skills and Individual Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the textile industry.
- Experience in manufacturing, textile or industrial design, community development, or related fields preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to develop and produce communication content.
- Knowledge of current developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to determine informational needs and to collect and analyze information.
- Database management skills.
- Past work experience in textile industry or similar field.
- Experience working at state or regional organizations.
- Knowledge of industry resources.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and public speaking
- Proficiency in Microsoft: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Results and goal oriented
- Effective organizational and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize workload
- Effective people skills, comfortable interacting with senior executives and regional leadership
- Strong listening skills
- Creative/Entrepreneurial thinker
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Positive attitude, energetic, and team builder/team player
- Willingness to travel
Compensation and Benefits:
VISTA Pay and Benefits:
This AmeriCorps VISTA position is in partnership with The WV Community Development Hub. In addition to the annual stipend offered by AmeriCorps NRGRD will provide a $1000/month housing stipend. Benefits include:
- $1,416.83 monthly stipend
- $1,000 monthly housing stipend
- Segal Federal Education Award of $6,800
- 22 automatic annual holidays
- Vacation and sick time
Other benefits may include:
- Free tuition for one semester at participating WV universities
- Travel reimbursement
- Medicare and food stamp edibility
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Jenna Grayson, Director of Business Retention and Expansion
New River Gorge Regional Development Authority
200 Main Street
Beckley, WV 25801
Electronic submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org